United Pacific Projects Ltd. is a growing provider of inline inspection services to pipeline operators in Western Canada. Due to recent growth and UPP’s commitment to research and development, we are now accepting applications for the position of Mechanical Engineer / Designer. This ground floor role has great opportunity for advancement as the company’s technology group continues to grow.
As an integral member of a young company, you will have the opportunity to stand out and contribute across many areas of the business and develop real world technology which will enhance the safe operation of the pipelines and make a meaningful contribution to safeguarding the environment.
The candidate must be a self-motivated person driven to provide quality products which are functional and maintainable, while adhering to standard sound engineering practice and UPP design and documentation standards. The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of pipelines and in line pipeline inspection. Must enjoy working as part of project teams as well as independently with minimal supervision. Must take pride in doing the job right, have a strong mechanical aptitude as required for prototyping, hands on testing, and design.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of our growth plans. UPP offers Competitive wages, a flexible work environment, comprehensive health coverage, support for training, and professional growth are offered.
- Mechanical design of inline inspection tools
- Creation of 3D solid models of parts and assemblies
- Creation of 2D detail / manufacturing drawings
- Creation of Detail, Assembly and BOM packages for purchasing
- Interface with supply chain, shop, and operations groups
- Contribute to continual improvement measures
- Assist in the development of process and procedures to drive operational efficiency
- ECO / ECR maintenance of projects
- Work within the technology team to develop specifications and project definitions
- Provide domain knowledge to assist R&D personnel as appropriate
- Work with other teams in support of R&D efforts
- Research and investigate novel technologies and propose development projects aligned with the long-term roadmap
- General documentation and design / engineering tasks as required
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Diploma in Mechanical Design Technology
- ASET or APEGA accreditation (Eligibility)
- Min 5+ years developing inline pipeline inspection tools
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical projects from inception to completion
- Autodesk Inventor 3D Solid Modeling (Preference)
- Other 3D system may be considered
- Autodesk Vault (Preferred)
- Autodesk FEA (Preferred)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong computer skills
- Windows and Office proficiency required
- Ability to balance personal technical work with required management output
- Personable and able to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to complete tasks fully in a timely and quality manner
- Self-regulated, detail oriented, with a strong sense of pride in ones work
- Ability to maintain poise, quality of work and efficiency during busy times
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize tasks in light of business need
- Strong social skills for communicating with co-workers, management and clients
- Professional personal presentation and demeanor
United Pacific Projects is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and engaging work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please direct your application in confidence: Attention: HR Manager: HR.Canada@upprojects.ca